Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: N801 type crossover build for 878B Santiagos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LowOhms's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2012
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Posts
    516
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: N801 type crossover build for 878B Santiagos

    Quote Originally Posted by Elitopus1 View Post
    Of course there is only one "best" by definition. What sounds best is a matter of opinion though.
    Thats exactly right.

    I have attended numerous CES shows since the 1980s, and have attended RMAF , Denver audio show, each of the last nine years, to hear whats out there, and sample the best possible gear.

    I TRUST what I hear, think I am a fairly good judge, after all this experience obtained.

    My first ALTEC listening experience, at home, began 64 years ago, Trenton, NJ, my Dad's 604Bs.


    Jeff Medwin
    Last edited by LowOhms; January 24th, 2017 at 01:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    N801 type crossover build for 878B Santiagos


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: N801 type crossover build for 878B Santiagos

    i'm a MOSFET convert myself.
    Sonic Barbarian

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member xinu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2017
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: N801 type crossover build for 878B Santiagos

    Quote Originally Posted by LowOhms View Post
    Hello Greg,

    ...

    Just copy that proven, but KISS approach, I say !!!


    Jeff Medwin ..... LowOhms.
    Hi Jeff,

    For me part of the enjoyment of the Audio and Music hobby has been the journey through experimentation. Right now I?m pleased to be on the ALTEC path.

    I haven?t spent much time sitting down to critically listen and contemplate how I can squeeze improvements from the signal chain.

    I primarily use my audio gear for backing playback while I hack away on the guitar. So far I?ve invested my efforts to evolve the system towards the sound I?m seeking that inspires me to improve. The dynamics of the ALTEC sound in the mix has been a noteworthy step in that direction.

    I?ve had fun spending too much money on the best possible sounding guitar amps. I don?t think my wallet can tolerate churning through playback amps. So I?d be interested to get any opinions on the ?best possible sounding amplifiers to run the ALTEC??

    You?ve had much more experience on the ALTEC road than me and I appreciate the direction you?ve given me. I?m too far into the current build for a redirect but I will apply your approach to 878B XO MKII.

    Thanks,

    Greg

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member LowOhms's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2012
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Posts
    516
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: N801 type crossover build for 878B Santiagos

    Hey Greg,

    Sounds logical. If there is any way I can assist, as time goes by, feel free to ring me.

    Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.